A marketing portfolio is a powerful tool at your disposal and an asset to any marketer looking to showcase their accomplishments and talents. Combined with a strong CV, this can greatly advance your career. The more tools you consume in your toolbox once looking for jobs or marketing clients, the better.
Now that you distinguish you need one, the next query is: how do you create a marketing portfolio? Let’s start with the basics.
Table of Contents
What is a marketing portfolio?
A marketing portfolio is a website or webpage that showcases your best work to potential employers or clients. The portfolio should include at least three strong case studies demonstrating your marketing talents and a brief introduction to your professional background. The website is also a portfolio piece, showcasing your use of digital media, copywriting and design.
No matter what type of marketing you specialize in, social media, email or content, a strong portfolio is critical to showcasing your work. This is how you show potential employers or customers what you can do and why they need you on their team.
Advantages of a marketing portfolio
Ultimately, a marketing portfolio helps you distinguish yourself from others in the industry. With the right brand and marketing message, you, too, can attract the best prospects and employers.
It also allows you to highlight your achievements as a marketer. It’s a chance to explain to a potential client your work and how you’re a problem solver and innovative thinker.
An internet marketing portfolio is also a great way to increase your authority in the industry. You can showcase your notable achievements on the portfolio page, social media, and other marketing channels to help prospect and attract clients.
How do I create a marketing portfolio?
As important as a marketing range is to your future, a bad one will set you back quickly. How organized do you create a marketing portfolio that effectively showcases who you are and what you can do?
Choose an online hosting platform
Before considering the design or patterns to include in the portfolio, you must figure out where to place them. Marketers used to put their portfolios in big leather cases and took them everywhere. Fortunately, the digital world offers more possibilities. There are a few things to note:
- You may be able to find some websites that allow you to create your portfolio for free, but these can often be limiting. For example, you may only issue a certain number of items. Some website hosting options include:
- Probably the most widely used hosting site, WordPress, can be accessible and affordable. WordPress – WordPress offers free portfolio hosting, but there are some hidden fees to be aware of, such as B. domain name, plugins and themes (there are free themes too). They also offer paid premiums or professional services. However, there is a learning curve when using WordPress.
- This site is popular since it is search engine optimized and shares clips from its portfolio. Clippings.me – Clippings.me also has approximately allowed offerings, although there are limitations. They offer a tiered system if you need to go beyond these restrictions, e.g. B. posting more examples.
- Journo Portfolio: With Journo Portfolio, you can publish up to ten patterns for free. It consumes the benefit of allowing you to add samples via a URL. For example, if you have an autographed article in an online magazine, post the URL, and the site will look it up. You can also post directly to the site.
- Squarespace – Squarespace is a good option as it offers some flashy templates and tends to be easier to use. Squarespace sites are also mobile-friendly. Of course they are not free. You resolve to be charged a monthly fee for maintaining your website, but there is no contract so you can cancel anytime.
You should also consider your design requirements when choosing your hosting platform. Are you looking for models that you can easily fill in your information or customize something?
If you want to adjust, how difficult is it? Not all of these platforms are easy to use.
If you decide to go with a paid platform, try to get a trial period to see if the design elements work in your favour.
3. domain name
Ideally, you’ll buy a domain name to help potential clients and employers find you. Some platforms allow you to buy a domain name through them. It may cost a little more than procurement off-site, but it’s easier to use. If you previously have a domain name, see if you can use it on the platform before signing up.
Reading and researching the fine print is important before posting any original work to any hosting platform. You must ensure that you retain ownership of your intellectual property.
5 .website infrastructure
Do you want separate pages? Would you like a slideshow of your work? Most hosting sites allow you to create different pages. Beyond that, see what you’re capable of before building your portfolio.
6. design and functions
Once you’ve chosen your hosting site, it’s time to connect the dots. What do you want to achieve with your portfolio, and which design offers you the best opportunity to do this? Viewing templates is a great way to get an idea of what you want. You can also look at other marketing portfolio examples to see what works for you.
However, there are important pages to include:
This is the most important information in your portfolio. It’s a good idea to include contact information at the bottom of every page and on the contact us page. Many presenting platforms will also help you set up a contact form. This affords you an additional point of contact.
Include links to your social radio pages when entering your contact information. Ideally, you will have business profiles that customers can connect to.
Marketing portfolio examples and templates
The best way to build an effective marketing portfolio is to look at what other people are doing. Reviewing examples will also help you decide what type of design appeals to you.
Don’t be afraid to stray far after the marketing industry to see examples of key sites. For example, look at the biography pages on the Whitehouse website for an example of effective about pages.